A Trópico-Venezuelan Band in the Bay Area.
Bululú, a dynamic latin music band led by Lali Mejia and Jose Roberto Hernandez (music director), showcases a live and flavorful repertoire deeply rooted in Venezuelan and Caribbean influences. Styles of music include tamboreras, calipsos, salsa, porros, parrandas, cumbias, vallenatos, tambores de la costa, and more. Fun and vibrant, Bululú delivers top notch entertainment with its ten piece ensemble, all highly seasoned Bay Area musicians—Jose Roberto Hernandez (lead vocals, guitar, cuatro), Ruthie Dineen (piano), Miguel Govea (lead vocals, trumpet, accordion), Lali Mejia (percussion, vocals), Omar Ledezma Jr. (drum set, vocals), Peta Robles (percussion), Fernanda Bustamante (violin, vocals), Lichi Fuentes (vocals, percussion), Norma Kansau (lead vocals) and Kevin Silveira (bass).
• Yerba Buena Gardens Festival, San Francisco, CA
• Sonoma Valley Jazz Society, Sonoma, CA
• East Bay Center for the Performing Arts, Richmond, CA
• Bay Street Emeryville, Emeryville, CA
• San Francisco Public Library, San Francisco, CA
• La Peña Cultural Center, Berkeley, CA
• Centro Cultural BrasArte, Berkeley, CA
• Gloria Ferrer Caves and Vineyards, Sonoma, CA